Miami Breast Lift
What is a Breast Lift?
Breast Lift surgery can be a great solution for some women. Over time, the appearance of a woman’s breasts can change. Factors like pregnancy, nursing, weight gain/loss can cause breasts to lose volume, soften and sag. Luckily, Marshall Cosmétique has an option for women who have become unhappy with the shape of their breasts.
A mastopexy, or breast lift, is a cosmetic procedure that elevates the breasts by trimming excess skin and reshaping surrounding tissue- restoring the breasts to a more youthful, aesthetically pleasing appearance.
This procedure is often performed by itself, as the breast lift will remove the extra skin and tissue associated with sagging breasts. Depending non the case, Dr. Marshall may also recommend breast implants in addition to your breast lift procedure to restore youthful volume and fullness.
Who Should Consider a Breast Lift?
If you identify with one of the following scenarios, you can schedule a consultation and be considered as a candidate for a breast lift surgery:
- Unhappy with the shape and volume of your breasts
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- One breast is lower than the other
What to Expect?
Prior to facelift surgery, Dr. Marshall will likely have you:
- Adjust or add medication
- Stop smoking if you are currently doing it
- Avoid taking aspirin
On the day of your breast lift, your procedure will involve the following steps:
Anesthesia. Dr. Marshall will recommend whether you should undergo intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
Incision. Dr. Marshall will choose the incision pattern that will best suit your needs. The three common incision patterns associated with a breast lift procedure:
- Around the areola
- Around the areola and vertically down to the crease of the breast
- Around the areola, vertically down to the breast crease and horizontal along the breast crease
Dr. Marshall will then:
- Reshape your breasts for optimal height and firmness
- Elevate the nipple and areola for a youthful look
- Remove excess skin to tighten the breast area.
- Place a breast implant into the incision, if the patient is receiving a breast lift with implant placement.
The incisions are then closed by sutures and skin adhesives once the breast lift is complete.
Recovery. After receiving your facelift at Marshall Cosmétique, your breasts will be swollen, fluid retention and even bruising. Bandages are used to reduce swelling and compress the skin. You may also receive a drainage tube to flush out excess blood and/or fluid that may have collected during surgery.
When Can I Return to Work?
It is often possible for most patients to return to work in about one week. Reserve physical activity for several weeks following surgery. It is normal to experience mild discomfort during this time. Report severe pain to your doctor immediately.
Risks. Like any surgical procedure, there are health risks that accompany elective breast lift surgery. Common complications include but are not limited to:
- Loss of sensation in the breasts
- Fluid loss/accumulation
- Unfavorable scarring