Choosing a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Miami
Experience You Can Trust
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a board certified surgeon you can trust. It can be confusing to understand the different certifications surgeons promote. The only certification which requires five years of surgical training, two of which are specifically plastic surgery, is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Look for the ASPS Member Surgeon logo.
Choosing a surgeon who is board certified in plastic surgery ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities.
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
It’s important to confirm your surgeon is board certified in plastic surgery specifically. Some doctors who perform plastic surgery my hold a board certification in another field of medicine which wouldn’t provide them the necessary experience to perform your procedures as well as a surgeon who has undergone far more extensive training.
Based in Miami, Dr. Deirdre Marshall is board certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.